Reverend Mike Barger

Non-Denominational Christian Minister

and Experienced Wedding Officiant

in Northern Colorado



About Me

My Wedding Philosophy

My Fees

Biker Weddings

Contact Me





  I get some common questions about weddings and here are a few of them:

Q. Are you a licensed minister?

A. In the state of Colorado, there is no governing body for Ministers or Wedding Officiants - therefore there is no such thing as a licensed minister or officiant.  The State of Colorado recognizes any minister who has been ordained by a bona fide church as authorized to perform wedding ceremonies and solemnize marriages.  As an ordained Christian minister, I am authorized by the state of Colorado to solemnize a marriage during a wedding ceremony.

Q.  Do we have to have a minister perform our ceremony or can our friend do it? 

A.    According to Colorado Revised Statute 14-2-109, a marriage may be solemnized by a judge of a court; by a court magistrate; by a retired judge of the court; by a public official whose powers include solemnization of marriages; by Indian tribe officials; by clergy; or by the individual parties to the marriage.  A marriage cannot be legally solemnized by a family friend unless they also fit one of these criteria.

Q. Do I need a license to get married?

A. Yes.  In Colorado, the couple getting married must apply for and obtain a marriage license prior to the wedding ceremony. You can find more information here about marriage laws in Colorado.

Q. Do you charge for a rehearsal?

A. Yes I do.  Some officiants do not charge for the rehearsal, which really means they have included the cost of attending your rehearsal in their fee and are charging you for it even if you do not have a rehearsal.  I would rather charge a small fee for the rehearsal and keep my overall fees as low as possible.  Rehearsals are strongly recommended but not required.

Q. We are having a very causal wedding, what will you wear to the wedding?

A. Whatever you want.  If you do not specifically request special attire, you can expect me to show up in a suit and tie.  If, however, you want me to show up in jeans and cowboy boots, or a Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda shorts, or even in leathers, I will wear whatever you want (within reason and good taste of course).

Q. Can you do our wedding this weekend?

A. If I am available, yes.  I can do weddings with as little as 24 hours notice, but a little more time to prepare is always preferred.

Q. Where do you perform weddings?

A. Almost anywhere.  I live in Windsor CO, and for my standard fee, I will gladly perform your wedding ceremony anywhere in the northern Colorado area, as well as Cheyenne, Wyoming.  This would include Denver, Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, Windsor, Greeley, Fort Collins, Cheyenne, Estes Park, and areas in between.  I will gladly travel to further destinations, but I may have to charge a little more for your ceremony.

Q. How do I get my wedding date reserved for you to perform our ceremony?

A. I do require a $50 deposit to reserve the day of your wedding ceremony.  This deposit is typically non-refundable.  I do need to ask for a deposit because I typically reserve the entire day for your wedding.  If you change your wedding date after the deposit has been paid, I will try to work with you, but I cannot guarantee I will be available.

Q. We are planning a non-traditional wedding.  Can you marry us on a ski slope?

A. Yes, I can.  As a matter of fact, I used to be a ski-instructor.  I am willing to marry you however or wherever it is the most meaningful to you: on a ski slope, on Harleys, at a hockey game, on a boat in the middle of a lake.  Use your imagination.  It's your wedding, I can help you make it happen.


Copyright 2017